I am one of the “First 50” graduates of The Gentle Sleep Coaching Program which is currently the most extensive & professional sleep certification program available. The program involves over 50 hours of training, an exam and participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C who has been helping tired parents for over 16 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach.
Some of my training topics have included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep Science and Behavioral Modification Techniques
- Secure Attachment Theory
- Supporting the Breastfeeding Mom
- Conscious and Positive Parenting
- and Much More!
Lectures from top specialists in the areas of:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Reflux and GERD issues led by Dr. Brian Vartabedian, MD, FAAP – author of Colic Solved
- Breastfeeding and Relfux led by Dr. Jack Newman at Breastfeeding Inc
- Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTLR and much more!